A tribute to California’s cowboy heritage, B&E winery continues the traditions of horses, cattle, and farming. Doc Elliott (the “E” in B&E) started a racing horse operation of running quarter horses in 1952 and throughout the years produced several world champions. In 1969, the family joined by the “B” (Bello) expanded into farming alfalfa and oat hay production, along with Registered Quarter Horses and Registered Cattle.
Realizing the need for water conservation as an environmental and sustainability concern years before it became popular, the vineyard operation began in 1989. It continues today as a family-owned and operated winery.